Our farm was the former Wayeeses Boys Camp that operated from 1923 until World War II. The description of the camp in the brochure describes it as 320 acres of timberland on the side of Mt. Elon. "The wooded part of camp includes sections heavily timbered with spruce, cedar and fir as well as a large maple-sugar woods."
Charles Hill, owner of the camp taught Literature at Kingswood Academy in Connecticut. He most likely named the camp after William Long's book "Wayeeses The White Wolf".
Our sugaring heritage spans four generations in Morgan. This photo shows Jim's grandfather, Alansford (on left) and his father, Bert (center) unloading sap in Morgan.
Jim started tapping trees on the slopes of Elon in 1978 and Donna joined him in 1987. We built our current sugarhouse in 1989.